Friday, March 16, 2012
Posted by Rachel Moss at 8:28 AM
Sunday, March 11, 2012
Posted by Rachel Moss at 7:57 PM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
Posted by Rachel Moss at 12:23 PM
Sunday, March 4, 2012
Jessica, Mommy's blog friend from theparsonagefamily.com, tagged her in this little questionnaire (which is one of those words Mommy can never remember how to spell). Mommy and I decided that we would make the questionnaire info a combined effort... so the first 11 fun facts are all about me, and the 11 answers to Jessica's questions are all about Mommy!
The concept of this tag up come from Leslie at A Blonde Ambition.
• You must post the rules.
• Post 11 fun facts about yourself.
• Answer the 11 questions the tagger posted for you, then create 11 questions to ask the people you've tagged.
• Tag 11 people and link them in your post.
• Let them know you have tagged them.
11 Fun Facts About Katie Bug
1. I am a little speed racer on my Radio Flyer trike. And I don't discriminate about where to ride it, either. The house, sidewalk, and street all work equally well for me.
2. I can distinguish between words that do and do not rhyme, produce my own rhyming words, and orally blend words. These facts really get Mommy excited because they are all major prerequisites for reading.
3. I am a thumb sucker and a hair twirler. Both at the same time, please.
4. I seem to have inherited both of my parents culinary vices. Candy (thank you, Mommy) and chips (thanks, Daddy) are my weaknesses!
5. Before I take a nap or go to bed at night, everything has to be "put in it's place" in my bedroom. There is rarely a stray sock, piece of play food, or picture book that escapes my notice.
6. I very much despise the "Happy Birthday" song.
7. I have about 12 dress up costumes that I play with on a regular basis.
8. I am a world class cuddler.
9. I am also a world class bed-time-staller. This is largely due to the fact that I have figured out that neither of my parents is very likely to say no to my requests for more cuddles!
10. I order my own drinks and meals at restaurants (most of the time). Thankfully, Mommy and Daddy still pick up the tab.
11. I'm getting ready to be a big sister!
Jessica's 11 Questions w/ Mommy's Answers (and in Mommy's own words)
1. Where would you go if you had an all-expenses paid trip somewhere? This is a toughie! It would probably be a toss up between London and Sydney. Jer and I were initially planning on London for our honeymoon destination, but we decided to change course when we realized we could take an all-inclusive cruise for much, much less. We were very happy with our decision, but promised each other that we'd go to London someday.
As far as Sydney goes, we really thought we were going to move there at one point. Hillsong Church had (and maybe still has) a worship school there that Jer wanted to attend. Obviously, we changed course (again), but this time because we believed God was leading us in a different direction.
2. What do you remember about kindergarten? A lot! My teacher's name was Mrs. Horn, and in my mind she was about 70 years old. I remember playing the "Quiet Game" at the end of the day on the first day of school and wanting so, so badly to be picked...then bursting into tears when someone finally called on me because I didn't want to go to the front of the class and stand in front of everyone.
I also remember crawling into the tunnel on the playground (away from the teacher's field of vision) to kiss a little boy named Brian. Having a tonsillectomy, scooting around the gym on little wheely boards, learning to read, and being picked on by Jimmy White are just a few of my other kindergarten memories.
3. Where did you and your spouse go on your first date? Breadwinner's Bakery and Bistro in Uptown Dallas. It's still one of our favorite date spots.
4. It's 10:30 pm on a weeknight. What are you doing? If I'm thinking clearly, I'm just about to get in bed and read a few pages in whatever book is currently at the top of my nightstand stack. On nights when my head isn't so clear, I'm running around like crazy trying to take care of last minute details for the next morning.
5. What did your senior prom dress look like? I actually didn't go to my senior prom. My Senior Walk dress was very promworthy, though. It was a slinky, bright blue, spaghetti strap, beaded number with rhombus cut outs on the stomach and an open back. It was incredibly risque for me!
6. If you could instantly be fluent in one language, what would it be? This one's a no brainer! It be Spanish, for sure. Living in Texas, the ability to speak Spanish would open up so many doors for me on a personal, professional, and ministerial level.
7. What is the proudest moment of your life? Probably giving birth to Katie Bug. I spent my late teens and early twenties terrified of childbirth, so facing that fear was very empowering for me.
8. Are there any words people say you pronounce funny? Not around here. When we visit with family from Illinois, Canada, and Wisconsin, though, they often chuckle at my "Texan accent".
9. What do people need to know about you to "really" know you? I was once dead in my sins, but have been made alive in Christ. Colossians 2: 13-14
10. What was your favorite class in college? It's a three way tie between Bible Study (which was a deceptively simple name for such a life changing class), Scripture and Ethics, and Children's Literature.
11. You're craving something salty. What do you grab? Ha! I rarely crave salt, so it would have to be one of those trail mixes with M&M's and chocolate chips. Or maybe a pickle...I have craved those a teensy bit with this pregnancy.
I'm tagging Kelly, Tanya, and Brooke in this little game. And because I'm too lazy to think up my own questions, I'll just tell you to answer the 11 questions above.
Posted by Rachel Moss at 1:43 PM