Wednesday, April 13, 2011

A Texas Tradition

If you have lived in Texas for any part of your life (or even if you've just driven through the state in the spring), you know that taking pictures in the bluebonnets is a yearly Texas rite of passage.

Well, for some strange reason, my parents haven't managed to get me in the bluebonnets until this year. 

I guess I'm officially a Texan now.

Even though I started out as a really grumpy one.

Mommy finally got the message that I was "vaywee, vaywee hungee" and put some Cherrios in my belly.

Which magically produced toothy grins...
(In case you're wondering, that's my cousin Julie with me.) 

 ...silly dancing...

...and peek-a-boo poses.

After our long photo shoot, Mommy, Auntie, Mimi, Aunt Zsa, Courtney, Julie, and I headed to Downtown Denton for a yummy lunch at Beth Marie's.   Isnt' this one of the funnest places you've ever seen?

Mommy and I shared some "Texas Doctor" (Dr. Pepper and praline) ice cream for dessert.

Well, we kind of shared it...

3 comments:

Cart Ridge said...

What a neat post! Looking forward for more post from you. Thank you for sharing!

Brooklynn said...

That face in the last picture is priceless!!

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

I love that last pic! I know it's wierd, but I think crying baby faces are adorable and hilarious. And I so know that reaction! If I eat something Kate didn't want me to, she'll demand I give it back long after it has been swallowed!