As of this afternoon Mommy was dilated to a 3 and 75% effaced! She also found out that her Group B Strep test was negative...which means that she can hang out out the house as long as she wants once labor starts.
The basic plan that Mommy, Daddy, and Joanna (their doula) have set in place is that they will all hang out at the house until Mommy is super close to the transition phase of labor. Then they'll make the short trek to the hospital. Not getting to the hospital too early will give Mommy the best shot at the natural labor she wants.
And here's what Mommy looked like this evening at 38.5 weeks pregnant.
Daddy has asked Elliot to hold off on his appearance until after Sunday. That's when our church's annual patriotic service is taking place, and it requires a lot of extra work on Daddy's part.
Tomorrow morning will probably be spent packing bags for everyone in our family, though...just in case Elliot's got his own ideas!