Last night, I finally got to meet Mommy and Daddy's friend Tammy. She currently lives in Ireland, but came home for the holidays! Tammy is "Aunt" Tara's sister...so that makes her Preston and Ian's aunt (no quotations marks necessary).
- She has lived in more places than any other non-military person Mommy knows.
- She has secretly installed security cameras in ceilings to catch theiving employees.
- She is FBI trained...and she whooped up on all her male trainee collegues!
- She can tackle and restrain men twice her size.
- She knows how to jump out of a moving car, roll on her side, and pop up ready to shoot a loaded gun. Just like in the movies!
- And (maybe the coolest reason of all) she's not afraid to put all of those mad skills on the shelf to follow God's calling.
Several years ago, Tammy left a job with the Department of Homeland Security to serve with Teen Challenge International (a faith-based drug and alcholol rehab program). She has worked in women's centers in Jamaica, California, and Ireland. Her Texas folk miss her greatly when she is gone, but they are excited about what God is doing through her life abroad.
Tammy, I'm so glad I got to meet you. Maybe we can take a better picture at church tomorrow!