Friday, July 9, 2010

Life Verses

The Show Us Your Life topic on Kelly's Korner this week is Favorite Bible Verses.  Since Mommy has never been able to pick just one scripture as her favorite, she thought I should tell you about Daddy's life verse and my life verse.

When Gramma was pregnant with Daddy, she regularly prayed for him (and yes, she still does that today) and asked God to lead her to a verse that would be a framework for his life.  The verse she was led to was James 4:10.  It says
The older Daddy gets, the more he sees this verse as particularly important to his life.  Daddy has observed that pride tends to be a weakness of artists, and he tries to be ever mindful of his need to be humble.  His role as a minister gives opportunity for both the praise and criticism of others, but this verse helps Daddy keep things in perspective.

Mommy has always loved the fact that Gramma prayed for a life verse for Daddy, so she did the same for me while I was being "formed in the womb".  Proverbs 3:5-6 is the verse she was lead to.  Every night when Mommy prays for me before I go to sleep, I hear her ask God to help me learn to
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
As often as I hear that verse, I'm thinking it just may be the first one I memorize!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We are so blessed that your daddy has taken this verse to heart and kept his focus on God. Our prayer, along with your mommy and daddy is that you too will always follow the scripture verse that the Lord gave your mommy for you. Thank you for sharing that.
Gramma and Grampa

Zion said...

I love that you all have life verses! Praise the Lord for a Godly Heritage. I love those verses too.