Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunday Best (with a hint of Saturday & a prayer request thrown in for good measure)

Today was an extra special day for me because I got to worship in the nursery with Mommy and Cousin Micah!  Let me tell you, I need to take a lesson in nursery demeanor from Micah (or Mocah, as I like to call him).  He was the chillest toddler ever...especially considering that he was in a new place with new people.  Had our roles been reversed, I would have been screaming my head off!


Micah and I were able to be in the nursery together because Aunt Becky and Uncle Brian brought him into town this weekend for a little visit.  It was so nice to be able to spend time with all of the Moss clan...including the little Moss growing in Aunt Becky's tummy.  That's right, Micah is going to be a big brother this coming January!  We are all very excited for his family.

Yesterday morning, my family headed over to Gramma and Grampa's house for a scrum-diddly-umptious breakfast of homemade donuts, scrambled eggs, and mini sausages.

Didn't Grampa do a great job on the donuts? 
He is the official Moss donut maker.

Once the breakfast dishes were cleared, we all headed out to Uptown Center for a little splash pad time.
It was super hot out yesterday, but we were able to nab a great shaded spot to rest in.

Micah and I took this watery opportunity to break in the toddler towels Gramma made for us.  This towel came just in time for me, as I have most definitely outgrown the majority of my baby-sized hooded towels.
Thanks, Gramma!

On a completely unrelated note, I would really appreciate it if you kept Auntie, Mimi, and Poppy in your prayers this week.  They, along with 6 other people from our church, left yesterday morning for a (mostly) medical missions trip to Haiti.  It has been encouraging to observe how God has brought this trip together, and we are trusting that he will work through this team to bring help, hope, and healing to the Haitian community they will be serving.

Mimi and Poppy actually met in Haiti 35 years ago, so the current crisis in this country is especially near and dear to their hearts.  Here's a pic of each of them from their earlier time in Haiti.

As the week goes on, I'll be sure to fill you in on any details that come trickling in from the Haiti team!

0 comments: