Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Play, Play, Play

I am pretty much an expert at playing.  I mean, seriously, I'm really good at it. 

And since Mommy's about to head back to the workforce next week, we've been doing a whole lot of playing lately.  More specifically, we've been doing a whole lot of playdating lately.

At the beginning of the month, my new friends, Ava and Olivia, came over to play.  Ava is the sweetest ever 2 year old, and Olivia was the most chillaxed newborn I've met yet.  My Mommy has been friends with their mommy since middle school and their daddy since high school.  And my Auntie has been friends with their auntie since middle school.  We had a great time together!


Last Tuesday, Mommy took me out to the splash pad to do some splashing with our friends, Maddie and Ethan, who were in town from Colorado.  We were also joined by Ian and Preston.  All of our parents have been friends for a long time, too!

Last Wednesday and Thursday, I went over to Ian and Preston's house to play...but Mommy forgot to take pictures of those playdates.  I had a blast both times, though, and was sad when Mommy told me it was time to go home.

Monday I had a Chick-Fil-A playdate with Kelly and Cooper, as well as Lanetta (anther former teacher friend of Mommy's) and her boys, Josh, Joey, and John.  We sure did rock that playground!  Mr. Cooper impressed everyone with his walking skills, the J boys impressed everyone with their toddler-helping skills, and I impressed everyone with my no-fear-of-the-big-kids skills.

And today, Mommy and I met up with "Aunt" Michele and Leila at the Dallas Arboretum.  Mommy can't believe that it's taken us almost 5 months to set up a playdate with these two.  We'll have to make up for lost time during Mommy's teacher breaks throughout the school year.

I sure have been playing my heart out!  Mommy and I will miss these week day playdates in the months to come...but we'll make sure we fit a few in on the days Mommy doesn't have to work.

0 comments: