Monday, July 26, 2010

Sunday Best

Can you believe this is the only decent picture Mommy managed to snap yesterday?  She thought she was being efficient by leaving the DSLR camera at home.  It only took a few minutes for her to remember why the point-and-shoot just doesn't it when there's a quick toddler around.


I was thrilled to see my Auntie when I woke up Sunday morning.  She came home from Haiti late Saturday night, but I don't think she minded my early morning entrance too much!  We sure did miss each other.

Auntie, Mimi, and Poppy all said that their week in Haiti was tiring, but fruitful.  They provided medical clinics, conducted follow up on water purification systems that had previously been given to the locals, and did lots and lots of praying. 

One evening, they even washed the feet of women in the village and gave them pedicures.  When Mommy first heard about these pedicures, she began mentally questioning the point of such frivolity in a country where there are so many immediate, pressing physical needs.  As she listened to Auntie tell the story of how God brought this act of service about, though, she lost her critical attitude.  Sadly, I'm going to have to leave you in the dark on that one for now...as I think the story is good enough to warrant it's own post.

1 comments:

Jessica Miller Kelley said...

It may seem like frivolity, but to women who never get the luxuries we do, I'm sure it was very life-giving. Like making eye contact or touching the hand of a homeless person, anything to show you see them as a human being is an incredible gift.