Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Even Bacteria Like to Swim

Last Friday, Cooper and Kelly invited us to join them for a swim in their neighborhood pool.  Cooper was the envy of all the other kiddos with his cool froggy floatation device.  Can you see the jealousness on my face here?

Cooper and I had a blast splashing around in the kiddie pool.  Some really nice boys even shared their pool toys with us.

Unfortunately, though, someone at the pool was sharing more than just toys.  Cooper spent Friday evening throwing up and running a fever, and I threw up for the first time ever on Saturday morning. 

Six years as a teacher and twenty seven years as the daughter of a nurse have taught Mommy that when a child throws up, that child should stay at home for the next 24 hours.  No exceptions. 

But Mommy did make an exception.  She calls it the wedding-of-a-long-time-friend-in-which-Daddy-is-a-groomsman-and-singing exception.  Nurse Mimi even signed off on this one.

But don't you worry.  Mommy and I sat up in the unoccupied balcony during said wedding so as not to pass on my friendly bacteria to any of the other wedding guests.  We also left immediately after the ceremony for the same reason.  And, because Mommy is extremely knowledgeable in the area of becoming sick in a vehicle, this is how I rode to and from the wedding...

4 comments:

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

I'm sorry KatieBug you are sick :-( it's no fun for anyone. I hope you get to feeling 110% soon! you're momma is very smart to undress you for the car ride!! Didn't realize your Mimi is a nurse - what kind of nurse is she. Although you may need to ask your smart momma this question

Michele Cannon said...

I love it! How cute is she, all naked in the carseat!?
Ugh! It's bad enough throwing up at our age. I can't imagine what it's like when you're K or Cooper's age.:( I'm so glad they're doing better.

Rachel Moss said...

Tanya- My mom has been a school nurse for 12 years. Before that, she was in L&D at Arlington Memorial. I looove being able to call her up any time I have a concern about K's healthy!

Rachel Moss said...

Make that "health".