Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Best: Father's Day Edition

I've been looking forward to this Father's Day for a while now.  My Daddy is the best daddy a girl could ask for, so I was really excited to be able to celebrate him today.

Our church's theme for Father's Day was "Iron Men of the Lighthouse" and we honored several men who are making a lasting impact in their families, our church, and our community.  My own Poppy was honored as a "Super Dad"...an honor Mommy definitely believes he deserves!

The men in our church also received a challenge to not only father their own children, but to be a father to the fatherless in their communities, as well.  There are so many men in our church who are already doing just that, but I know that even more will be answering that call in the near future.

After service was over, Daddy and Poppy let me play on the drumset.  I see Preston jammin' away on this thing every week, and I finally decided to give it a try myself.
Watch out, Preston!  I just might give you a run for your drumsticks.

Once we were home, my family tried taking the obligatory holiday pic (minus Gramma and Grampa- they are with my cousin Micah this weekend). Out of 40 shots, this one (sans Mimi) was the best we could do.
 
Sorry, Mimi. I'm sure Poppy will use his editing skills to create a great pic of all of us!

When present time rolled around, Daddy and Poppy enjoyed checking out Mommy's makeshift wrapping paper.  Since she was fresh out of manly gift bags, Mommy decided to search through Daddy's old "Wired" magazines for images that fit their personalities.  Daddy was pretty proud of her work!

He was quite proud of my work, too.

We topped off the day with a trip to the newest frozen yogurt shop near us.  It was yum yum!  Even Daddy thought so...and he's not much of a sweets person.

Lucky for me, the other members of my family are. And they were all happy to let me indulge in a little treat.

Happy Father's Day, Daddy!  You are the best Daddy in the whole wide world.  Every day, your life is teaching me about my Heavenly Father.  As I watch you, I am learning that He is loving, forgiving, and gracious.  Thank you for your example!

1 comments:

Brooklynn said...

Ah, so sweet! Makes me wish I could see my Dad when I was one years old.

My cake was one Amber got for my bachelorette party. Cute huh! Cooper Street does some really creative cakes.