Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sunday Best

This past Sunday, our church held a baby parade for kiddos ages 3 and under.  It was a whole lot of cuteness packed into 5 minutes!

I got to wear this cutie little pillowcase dress Mimi ordered for me. I figured this was a great way to make sure "Uncle" Oscar (the parade announcer) didn't forget my name.


There were at least 23 "babies" in the parade, and our church family did a great job of cheering for each and every one of us.  Here are a few of the babies I know best:

Little Miss Leila with "Uncle" Ryan and "Aunt" Michele (she's hiding back there).  Leila was stylin' in her teeny gold sandals.

My good buddies, Ian and Preston, with "Aunt" Tara.  Two of the coolest guys I know.

This is my fellow-thumb-sucking-friend, Braelyn.  I don't think you've met her before.  Isn't she a cutie?  Mommy thinks she looks like a little Cabbage Patch doll.

Yours truly. 
 Mommy and Daddy deliberated between carrying me and letting me walk. Obviously, carrying won. Mommy was worried that if they let me walk I may have decided to explore the stage...then they would have had to pick me up...and a little fit may or may not have ensued. Mommy and Daddy weren't really wanting to invite that kind of drama.

When the worship service was over, we joined part of the Young Adult group for lunch at the swankiest restaurant around...IHOP!  Can you find me in this picture?  I promise I'm there.

 I had never eaten at the HOP before, but it sure did get two thumbs up from me! Eggs + Pancakes = Yum Yum.



Later in the day, Mommy decided she wanted to take a little siesta.  While she was inside the air conditioned house, Auntie and Danielle helped me bring the day to a perfect close...by letting me play with every single watery toy I own.
 
Auntie + Danielle + Kiddie Pool + Sprinkler + Water Table = Big Fun!

2 comments:

Kelly Chambers said...

What a precious dress!

Zion said...

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog. I am sure that when my baby girl gets old enough for a a hair cut I will be a lot more nervous about doing it myself because you can't buzz it if you mess up! Anyway, I love the way you are chronicling your daughters life one here. That is such a great age and she will love to look back at these memories.