Thursday, September 17, 2009

Show Us Your Life-Dinner Recipes

Photobucket


This week the Show Us Your Life topic on Kelly's Korner is dinner recipes.

Currently, my favorite dinner recipe is for Butternut Squash and Applesauce Puree.

2 ounces pureed butternut squash
2 ounces applesauce

Mix in glass bowl. Serve with spoon. Save some on chin for later.

I thought this recipe was so delicious at dinner tonight, but Mommy says most of my readers would probably disagree. So, I decided to share one of Mommy and Daddy's favorite recipes. It is from a Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade collection.

Chicken Ravioli with Ancho Cream Sauce

2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated chicken and roasted garlic ravioli
1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce
1 can (14.5 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes
1 and 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
shredded Parmesan cheese

In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook ravioli according to package directions. Drain well; return to hot pot. Cover; keep warm.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine Alfredo sauce, tomatoes, chile powder, and poultry seasoning. Bring to a simmer over medium heat; reduce heat to low.

Toss warm ravioli with sauce. Remove from heat. Serve hot with Parmesan cheese.

I apologize for not having a picture of these recipes. Mommy has never had a reason to take pictures of the food she cooks!

5 comments:

Heather said...

this all sounds so yummy!! Can't wait to try them!!

Kelly Chambers said...

Yum! I will have to try it! Sounds easy enough even for me!

Ashley said...

I love Sandra Lee's recipes (my type of cooking LOL!) I am going to have to put this recipe on my weekly menu this week! Thank you for sharing.

Bradshaw's Buzz said...

Katie Bug your recipe sounds yummy. My fav was always avacados. My mom is amazed I can now eat a whole one by myself!

~Austin

P.s. Momma had to type this out b/c I kept on hitting the F11 key -- try it out. I love teaching mom and dad new technology things!

SnoWhite said...

the squash and applesauce would be a sweet dessert too! yum.