Saturday, September 12, 2009

Toys? I don't need no stinkin' toys!

Between the 4 baby showers that were held in my honor, the 4 grandparents who like to spoil me, the 2 sets of friends who gave Mommy and Daddy a gift almost every week of Mommy's pregnancy, and the 1 Auntie who loves me so much [insert deep breath here]...I have a lot of toys.

I currently have a stash of toys in my nursery, the family room, and Auntie's soon-to-be bedroom. There are also toys for "older Katie Bug" in the living room and on the top shelf in my closet.

Today, though, I was feeling a bit improvisational.

This morning I fashioned a toy out of a baby hanger. It made the most glorious sound when slapped on the carpet! Mommy was able to catch the tail end of my hanger activity. You may notice a few red splotches on my face. Those were from bopping myself with the hanger toy. I would also like you to note how my face lights up when Daddy walks into the room!


Later in the day I was introduced to the Katie Cabinet. The Katie Cabinet is a spot in the kitchen Mommy and Daddy made just for me. It has lots of things that are safe for me to play with during meal preperation times. I spent a good half hour removing and enjoying everything within arms' reach out of that thing. It was sooo much fun!

1 comments:

alyssa685 said...

I can't believe how fast she is crawling!! I loved to watch that in the video. Even though I see her lots, it seems like there is still so much I miss! She is priceless.